Throughout the summer, candidates to be the next mayor of San Francisco will voice their opinions and approach surrounding issues of technology, innovation, open government, and how these movements can be used to build smarter cities that produce a greater positive impact on their citizens.
Participating candidates will be listed and profiled here as the summer progresses – including:
- their platforms on the intersection of technology, government, and community issues
- their thoughts on how to engage San Francisco’s creative community
- key quotes and excerpts from debates and public appearances
- their favorite apps produced during Summer of Smart, and how they would put them to use as mayor
- Summer of Smart podcast interviews and links to other relevant media